Sunday, September 15, 2013

EndeavorTeamChallenge, the challenge, understanding blog writing...?

  I am trying, I am really trying.  Trying to understand these dang computers and these stupid websights.  Frustrating me to no end. I can only write so far on a blog page then the page disappears on me and I am writing blind.  Writing blind is not the problem, it is typing blind that throws me off.  Anyway, I posted the last accounting of our attempt at the Obstacle Course without being able to finish editing it.  I am sure there are typos aplenty and I am hoping you understood enough so that the idea behind the story made sense.
so as far as I can tell
  Audrey had finished her slog over the mountains and was manning a position at the end of the swim.  Jack and I were in our life jackets managing a weat attempt at swimming toward her and the sound of cowbells.  When we finally got our 4 feet out of the water, time was called for us and we were allowed to walk the 1/2 mile back to the start line and head off to the next challenge.
  TRC  Team Reaction Challenge
We were the first team through TRC.  I had a vauge idea what was ahead of us, seeing as I had heard a few hints about what this challenge might include (local knowledge).  At the start line we saw a pile of logs and a stack of rope, a locked tool box, and ahead of us about 10 yards a stack of hay bales and beyond that about 20 yards a ten foot hight solid wall.  With only minimal instructions on what to expect such as "you may or may not need any of this equipment in front of you" and " you will need to find the final number to solve the math equation in front of you" we set off.  As is went the final number was taped inside a bucket hanging about 12 - 13 feet off the ground beyond the 10 foot wall.  we needed to lash together the logs to make a ladder to scale and cross the cubicle, then use it again to reach the bucket.  Our bucket was on the high end of the line, and we probably did not have enough eye strength to read the number that far away just by tipping the bucket upside down while hanging there even if we could reach it with one of the poles.  We chose to rebuild our ladder with the final two rungs high enough for Jack to reach the bucket while I posed as the the other two legs of a step ladder.  Once we successfully crossed the cubicle and on our second attempt, managed to read the number inside the bucket, we hustled back to the start line so Jack could do the math to give us the combination to open the tool box.
  While ignoring a few bits of advice from our loving and peanut gallery brother we set the standard for the next 30+ teams to come on this event.  We did not set the standard very high but did manage to complete the task in under 30 minutes.
 Before heading to our next and final day time challenge we chose to pull a picnic table to a shady spot and learned all about heating and eating MRE's.  It was getting to be 4:00 in the afternoon and we needed to be done with all the challenges by 7:00p.  We figured we had a few minutes to spare before our next challenge that was set with a 2 hour max time limit.  Well we most likely did not learn not ALL about eating MREs just enough to heat and eat a few morsels.  I chose my Chicken Pesto Pasta, while Jack opted for Imitation boneless, pork ribs, w imitation bbq sauce.  MMmm Mmm.  boy they were filling. I can hardly wait for our next meal, (which turned out to be 0600 the next morning.)
  Once we finished our heated meals and tossed our trash, we headed back across the street to the competitor fields once again for our next challenge,  Daytime Navigation.

See I am learning to keep these posts short so I don't get so frustrated trying to type and edit them in the dark.  I may be skipping on a few details but then a few details may be skipping out on me.  It's been a long week recovering and some things are better left forgotten, or so I'm told...

No comments:

Post a Comment